Registration is Now Open for the 2021 Annual Dinner
You’re invited to FAN’s virtual Annual Dinner Celebration on Sunday, November 21, at 5:30 PM! Invitations should arrive in homes this week, and the registration link is live: bit.ly/FANDinner2021. We hope you will join us for a festive evening as we celebrate our 10th birthday and Paul Benz’s years of service, and we look towards our future together! Tickets are by donation, and the event links will be sent out closer to November 21.
In the meantime, we encourage you to:
- Host a Watch Party! Gather a small group of your family, housemates, and friends to watch the event together—we’ll be sending tips on how to safely do that and make it festive!
- Sponsor the Celebration! Email email@example.com for sponsorship information.
- Volunteer! We will have fun work to do to support Watch Parties! If you have video skills, we welcome your help. Music and artwork are welcome to add to our celebration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to offer your services.
Sign up for a (Virtual) FAN Cluster Near You!
We are in the midst of hosting our Fall Cluster Gatherings virtually this year. Clusters are a great opportunity to get to know local advocates in your area and connect FAN with the work you are passionate about! We recommend liaisons from our Network of Advocating Faith Communities (NAFC) join us, as well as any interested members of your faith community. Learn more about Clusters and stay updated on registration links at fanwa.org/our-network/cluster-meetings/.
Sign up now for a Cluster new you – there are TWO coming up this week:
- Everett/South Snohomish County – Tuesday, October 5, 7-9 PM. Register here
- South King County – Sunday, October 10, 2-4 PM. Register here
- East King County – Tuesday, October 12, 7-9 PM. Register here
- Seattle – Tuesday, October 19, 7-9 PM. Register here
- Spokane – Saturday, October 23, 1:30-3:30 PM at Westminster Congregational UCC. Register here
- Tacoma/Pierce County – Tuesday, October 26, 7-9 PM. Register here
Speak Out for Progressive State Taxation
We continue to encourage FAN advocates to speak out on tax reform. This week’s Zoom regional Town Hall, conducted by the legislature’s Tax Structure Work Group, is focused on the Northwest region of our state (legislative districts 10, 38, 39, 40, 42, 44), on Wednesday, October 6, at 2:30-4 PM or 6:30-8 PM. The Group is gathering public input on six possible new tax scenarios for Washington State. The Group’s Scenario F includes a progressive income tax.
Please register here to participate in the zoom Town Hall for your region and then email email@example.com that you’ve signed up. Balance Our Tax Code is hosting a training in advance your attendance at town halls this Tuesday, October 5, from 12-1 PM – register here to attend.
The Group also has a survey FAN encourages you to fill out.
Upcoming Candidate Forums
The November 2 election is coming up soon! FAN is co-sponsoring Candidate Forums across the state, and we hope you will be able to join one to learn more about candidates in your area and push for the issues you care about most!
- Everett City Council – October 4, 7-8:30 PM In-person at First Presbyterian Church or online.
- City of Kent (police accountability) – October 6, 6-8 PM In-person at Kent Lutheran Church or online.
- King County (police accountability) – October 7, 6-8 PM In-person at Kent Lutheran Church or online.
- Coalition of Immigrants, Refugees, and Communities of Color (CIRCC) Candidate Forum for Seattle Mayor, City Council, City Attorney – October 11 Time and location TBD.
- CIRCC Candidate Forum for King County Executive and Council, Port of Seattle – October 12 Time and location TBD.
- Spokane Housing Candidate Forum – October 14, 6-8 PM Online.
Events & Opportunities
Woodland Park Presbyterian Church is seeking a new co-pastor: 60% FTE but with full benefits. Since the PCUSA is in full communion with several denominations we are also open to UCC and ELCA, ordained pastors. Interested candidates can direct any questions and/or email a cover letter and resume to the search committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Washington State Department of Commerce has released a NEW RFP for community organizations to conduct outreach to historically disadvantaged communities with the objective of helping individuals apply for state and federal assistance programs. This funding is intended to provide individual assistance such as program navigation services and application assistance.
Learn more and apply by Oct 15 here: Outreach-RFP.pdf (wa.gov)