District Coordinators (DC) volunteer individually or in teams of two or three per legislative district in collaboration with Faith Action Network staff to strengthen personal connections and mobilize advocacy locally. With the valued help of DC’s, those districts have seen increased participation in interim in-district meetings with legislators and in cluster gatherings of local faith communities, as well as increased engagement during the legislative session. Their inclusion leads to more effective advocacy overall.
As a DC we will ask you to:
- Become familiar with who the faith advocates and communities are in your district. (This is something that can be worked on in collaboration with FAN)
- Gather faith advocates together twice during interim (April to December)
- Meet twice a year during interim with State Legislators.
- Facilitate emergency action alerts during the legislative session and for Congress to activate people in your district to contact their legislators/elected officials.
- Attend and bring others to Regional Spring Summits, Annual Fundraising Dinner, and Interfaith Advocacy Day
- Work on other advocating trainings and events in your district.
If you are interested or would like to become a District Coordinator, please email Paul Benz.
If you’d like to contact your District Coordinator, email firstname.lastname@example.org for contact information.