Work with FAN on Census 2020!
We are pleased to announce that we have received funding from the Washington Census Equity Fund, managed by Philanthropy Northwest, which will help us promote a robust and accurate count in the 2020 Census. Census data is used to determine how more than $800 billion in federal funds are distributed back to local communities every year for services and infrastructure, including schools, hospitals, fire departments and roads. Washington has more than 1.6 million residents from historically “hard-to-count” population groups, including communities of color, Native Americans both on and off tribal lands, immigrants and limited English speakers, young children and rural residents of all backgrounds. With this grant we will be able to support opportunities for participation in the census which will help ensure that all communities receive their fair share of critical federal and state funding. We are thrilled to be a recipient of this grant and a participant in this important work. See who the other grantees are here: http://bit.ly/2QQbJml
To further this effort, we are hiring a part-time Census Coordinator to assist in outreach efforts for FAN. Please download the job description and share with your communities. We will be hiring by February 9 and see this as a statewide effort. If you believe everyone counts in Census 2020 and want to help faith communities fill an important role, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
FAITH ACTION NETWORK CENSUS COORDINATOR (part-time, 10-20 hrs/wk, Jan-May 2020)
Faith Action Network (FAN) is a statewide interfaith 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization through which thousands of people and over 150 faith communities across Washington State partner for the common good. With a small staff, FAN’s work is rooted in partnership with volunteers in our network who have a passion for justice and advocacy. The Census Coordinator will carry out census outreach with FAN’s existing network of faith communities, while prioritizing outreach to targeted regions and traditionally under-counted communities. More about FAN can be found at www.fanwa.org.
A successful Census Coordinator will:
- Effectively communicate with FAN’s Network of Advocating Faith Communities (NAFC’s), liaisons, and faith leaders to engage them in census efforts as “trusted messengers,” promoting participation.
- Engage faith communities that do not already know FAN in the promotion of the census.
- Work collaboratively with U.S. Census staff and Census Alliance representatives in your targeted region, so there is amplification not duplication of effort.
- Help carry out trainings for volunteers to be census ambassadors in their communities.
- Provide technical support for faith communities to host a Census Action Day in March/April 2020.
- Reliably track activities that are carried out (by you and the network) in support of the census in faith communities.
- Be a self-starter, setting and meeting goals aligned with census activities in your region.
- Work both remotely in the field and in close coordination and accountability with the FAN office.
- Represent FAN responsibly and positively in the community.
- Experience and comfort working with diverse faith communities and secular groups. Two years of successful mission-driven or outreach experience preferred.
- Ability to accept, embrace, and relate to diverse faith traditions and cultural/ethnic communities.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Experience and skill working in a team environment and engaging volunteers.
- Comfort and proficiency with computers and MS Office Suite, especially Excel for tracking activities.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and use of an insured personal vehicle as necessary for required travel (with usage reimbursement).
- All relevant education and experience will be considered.
- Highly desirable: Bi-lingual ability in Spanish, Arabic, or another language.
Hourly pay: $20 per hour plus expense reimbursement.
Census Coordinator will report to and be supervised by the Co-Directors of FAN.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled; resumes reviewed as they are received through 2/9/2020.
Faith Action Network is an equal opportunity employer. FAN does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, relevant disability, marital status, veteran status or national origin.