Faith Community Liaisons help foster connection and communication between the FAN office and faith communities in our network. A liaison will:
- Encourage others in your faith community to attend FAN events, especially our four annual events:
- Interfaith Advocacy Day in Olympia
- Regional Summits, to help determine FAN’s legislative agenda
- Cluster Gatherings, to build relationships with local advocating faith communties
- Annual Dinner
- Help publicize FAN events in your faith community’s publications, such as bulletins, newsletters, websites, etc. Also, update FAN on your faith community’s social justice and advocacy efforts.
- Provide FAN with any updated information concerning your faith community, such as changes in leadership, address, and current advocates within your faith community
- Communicate and work with FAN’s District Coordinator for your legislative district, if applicable
- Make sure your faith community’s registration form is complete – 3 commitment areas (education, advocacy, financial support)
- Help secure regular financial support for Faith Action Network
Click here for a list of our current liaisons. If you are interested in being a liaison for your faith community, once it is part of our Network of Advocating Faith Communities, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.