FAN features events about justice, peace and care for the environment across the state of Washington. Posting does not signify official endorsement by FAN.
- This event has passed.
Winters Waters Celebration 2017: Honoring the Coeur d’Alene Tribe
March 10 @ 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Please join on March 10 at 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. in Spokane to honor the Coeur d’Alene Tribe with the 2017 Watershed Heroes Award. The annual event – Winter Waters Celebration – is jointly hosted by Sierra Club’s Upper Columbia River Group and CELP, will be held at the Patsy Clark Mansion, 2208 W. 2nd Ave, and will include small foods, music, and honoring the Tribe.
- Honoring our heroes – also music, desserts and other small foods, wines
- Tickets: $35 per person (purchase on-line or at the door)
- To RSVP, sponsor, or for more information, contact
- Protecting Lake Coeur d’Alene (must-see film about the Tribe’s heroic efforts to clean up mining pollution)
- Toxic Floods of the Coeur d’Alene (pdf – poster, one-stop visual of the cleanup challenges)
Watershed Heroes – 2017
The Coeur d’Alene Tribe will receive the Watershed Hero Award because of the Tribe’s leadership in protecting Coeur d’Alene Lake, and restoring the basin’s waters contaminated with mining and smelting wastes.
Through this honoring event, we hope to provide a broader, regional understanding and recognition not only for work the Tribe has undertaken in the past, but also of the Tribe’s continuing efforts to meet the formidable challenges needed to protect Coeur d’Alene Lake.