District Coordinators (DC) volunteer individually or in teams of two or three per legislative district in collaboration with Faith Action Network staff to strengthen personal connections and mobilize advocacy locally. With the valued help of DC’s, those districts have seen increased participation in interim in-district meetings with legislators and in cluster gatherings of local faith communities, as well as increased engagement during the legislative session. Their inclusion leads to more effective advocacy overall.
- Become familiar with whom the faith advocates and communities are in your district, in collaboration with FAN.
- Gather faith advocates together twice during interim (April to December)
- Attend and bring others to Annual Summits, FAN’s fundraiser and Interfaith Advocacy Day.
- Meet twice a year during interim with State Legislators.
- Work on other advocating trainings and events in your district.
- Facilitate emergency action alerts during the legislative session and for congress to activate people in your district to contact their legislators/elected officials.
If you are interested or would like to become a DC, please contact Paul Benz (email@example.com).